Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stitching pictures...finally!

Hello! Believe it or not, I have been stitching...in between the end of school year activites for the kids and reading all of your wonderful blogs! Here's what I've been working on. I made ballerina necklaces for my daughter, her cousin and their friend for the their ballet recitals this past week. I took the ballerinas from Country Cottage Needlework's "Little Ballerinas" pattern and personalized them with each of the girls eye color. I also changed the tight color to the pale pink since I stitched these on some white fabric I had laying around. I backed them with cute pink fabric with little stars on it and added the daisy "ribbon" so thay could be worn as necklaces. I think the girls love them - I told them to wear them, use them, play with, whatever. So far, I know all three have been worn to school. If you see this "vogue" next year, you saw it here first ;-)


The other piece I have been working on is "She Sell Sea Shells" (that is even hard to type!!!) by CCN. It is coming along slowly. Once I finish up the water it will move along much faster. Sorry the picture of my actual work is so dark - if you live in the North East like me you'll know the rainly weather we've been having of late. I have feeling we're going to go from a chilly, rainy Spring straight to a 90 degree Summer...but I'll take it!!!



That's it for me today. Hope you all are well and thanks for keeping me inspired by your work! See you next time. Meredith

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, Those ballerinas are just magnificent! (Both the cross stitched ones and the real ones!)

    ReplyDelete