Sunday, May 10, 2009

A wonderful Mother's Day and a FINISH!!!

Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and Happy Mother's Day! I had such a great day! It started at 6 am with an hour and a half of stitching before anyone got up. Then Matthew and Gracyn each gave me a card they made. So cute! Then it was off to breakfast at a diner and then a nursery. I picked out 4 new bushes (2 Golden Princess Spirea and 2 Royal Burgandy Bayberry) for our front flower bed and 2 hanging baskets for the front porch. Then it was home to get the flower bed ready for the new plants and a relaxing afternoon at home that included MORE stitching!!!!

So, I was able to finish You Are My Sunshine! I LOVE how this turned out - so happy and cheerful! I am going to have it framed for my husband for Father's Day as this is exactly how we feel about our 3 munchkins! (Of course, this will probably go along with another present - probably a drill :-)

Country Cottage Needleworks - You Are My Sunshine
32 count linen - Blue Whisper
Recommended threads
I did change the pattern by taking out the flower all the way to the right
and adding another little girl.
I also picked out what I'm going to work on next...It is called Fishes and Bait by Plum Steet Samplers and it is going to be for my sister and and her husband hopefully for their anniversary on June 1 (this may be a little ambitious for me but I'm going to try...) My brother in law, Chris, LOVES to fish and this just cracks me up! It's not something I would usually pick to stitch but it just makes me chuckle and I think they'll like it.

So, that's it for me. I hope you all had a great weekend and to have a start to show you on this soon (I better if it's going to be finished and framed by June 1!!!!!)
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. Love your finish and know your husband will love it.

    I hadn't seen your next start but really like it. Can't wait to see your progress.

    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute finish ;-) YOur next project seem very nice as well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love your finish, it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete