Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bound and Determined to get this finished...

Good morning! I started Sunflower Inn by Little House Needlework last summer...and then put it down when the summer past, it wasn't finished and I was itching to do some fall stitching... But, I love this piece and the colors in it to me are the EXACT colors of August. So, I am determined to get this finished this August. Actually, I'd like to finish it in the next week so I can have it framed and hanging by the end of August but that may be a pie in the sky dream. I haven't had anything framed since I started doing my own pin keeps, pin pillows and pillows a year ago. But, this one is calling for a frame I think. I love the deep mahogany one that they show with the picture on the pattern cover.

If you're wondering why I'm not making much progress it's because of this - our backyard project...


We've made great progress on it but it's taken up every spare minute and by the time I sit down on the couch at night I usually read for a minute and then hit the bed by 9 pm... The above picture is of our first dinner outside in our new patio area. The kids love it as much as we do.
Well, that's it around here. I have to get stitching on Sunflower Inn because I have several LHN Ornaments kitted up and ready to stitch and several of the ornaments in the JCS Ornament Preview are calling my name already... Plus, I have 5 stitched ornaments that I have to finish-finish... I do want it to stay summer a little while longer!!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. The Sunflower Inn is just gorgeous, I think it would be a must frame for me too :)
    Your backyard looks AMAZING! And there is nothing as fun and cozy as eating outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunflower inn,its beautiful and on my list as well as some of the ornaments I just ordered and got in the mail. I responded to your post on my blog but am not sure you will be back there to read it so I have copy pasted it here. I hope you dont mind, I could not find an email link for you.
    <>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meredith. Your backyard looks so pretty. I love your table. It looks like a wonderful place for a summer dinner.

    And I was wondering if you have started your sewing lessons yet. You are such an amazing artist with your other stitching that I think you will do great sewing on a machine!

    ReplyDelete