Saturday, February 7, 2009

First Post!

Here is my first post on my new blog! I am very excited to be starting this. I have enjoyed so many of yours and also being a part of the Let's Stitch Blog as well as the Little House Neighborhood SAL, that I wanted to start one of my own. Please excuse me while I figure out the formatting, etc...

Here's a little bit about me - I am 34 years old and married for 9 years (10 in July) to my wonderful husband Patrick. We live in NJ and have 3 beautiful children, Matthew and Gracyn (5 year old twins) and Charlotte 2.5. I am a stay at home mom and wouldn't change that for the world!

I LOVE to cross stitch and try to do at least a little each day - usually first thing in the morning at 6 am before the kids get up, while the twins are at school and Charlotte is napping, or at night after they go to bed. Although by the time they're in bed at 8 pm I'm usually ready to hit the sack too!

Here is one of my WIP. It is Littlehouse Neighborhood by Little House Needlework. I have changed what should be a squirrel in the upper right corner to a dog (since we have two). I am making slow and steady progress on this as I have also finished 3 other pieces since I started this in August.

I finished Cherry Hill a couple weeks ago now and have been trying to decide what to do with it. I have only ever framed in the past but since I am finishing pieces more quickly now it is getting expensive to do all that framing! So, I am going to try my first Pinhold with this piece. I bought most of the materials today and hope to work on it on Monday when the kids are at school and Charlotte is napping.


Thanks again for stopping by and Happy Stitching! Mere

No comments:

Post a Comment